Surgery uses invasive procedures to treat and cure pathological conditions and aesthetic problems. It cannot be linked to organs or organ systems, but deals with all parts of the body. Thanks to technical advances, some of the previous open exploration surgeries can be performed endoscopically, which is much less stressful for the patient, with faster, less complicated healing.
WHEN AND WITH WHAT SYMPTOMS SHOULD YOU SEE A SURGEON?
It is recommended to visit a surgical clinic for the following problems and symptoms:
- any kind of thyroid lesion
- any kind of breast lesion
- in case of gastroenterological problems, in so far as the need for surgery arises
- in case of dermatological problems, in so far as the need for surgery arises
- hemorrhoid problems
- varicose vein problems
- for suspicion of a hernia
- for suspicion of appendicitis
- for ingrown nails
- in the case of an abscess
- for fatty tumors and pustular tumors
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A SURGICAL EXAMINATION?
Surgeries are always preceded by thorough and careful examination in order to assess the disorder in question, the general condition of the patient and possible comorbidity. Examples include different diagnostic imaging examinations (X-ray, ultrasound, CT), laboratory tests, ECG or consultation with one or more specialists, etc. The aim of these detailed inquiries is to prepare the patient as well as possible for the surgery, as it ensures that recovery will be quicker and complications will be considerably fewer.
HOW SHOULD YOU ARRIVE FOR THE CONSULTATION?
The patient should bring all of their previous medical records for the first consultation, especially previous findings related to the problem involved.