When and with what complaints should you see a gynecologist?
- For annual cervical cancer screening
- In cases of irregular or unusual monthly menstruation
- If experiencing frequent abdominal pain
- In cases of vaginal discharge that is discolored, unusually textured and has an unpleasant odor
- Burning, itching sensation in the vaginal and pubic region
- In cases of severe cystitis
- If the length, strength, or even the regularity of the menstrual cycle changes
- In cases of painful sexual intercourse
- In cases of breast lesions (pain, discharge, detection of a lump or nodule in the breast, armpit)
- With complaints caused by hormonal changes
- If a sexually transmitted disease is suspected
- If pregnancy is suspected
What happens during a gynecological examination?
During a gynecological examination, the specialist first interviews the patient about her past and current known illnesses, the medications she has taken, and her current complaints. This is followed by a visual inspection of the external genitalia. An examination of the vagina, ectocervix and external os requires the placement of an instrument called the speculum, followed by a vaginal ultrasound examination. For cervical screening the specialist takes a smear with the help of a swab. The test is painless.
How should I arrive for the examination?
The patient should bring all her previous medical records for the first consultation, especially the results of gynecological examinations. In addition, recollect your gynecological-obstetric history: time of last menstruation, time of last cervical cancer screening, number of pregnancies, births, and abortions.
In our hospital it is also possible to perform gynecological surgeries, most of which can be performed on an outpatient basis or in the form of one-day care. After outpatient surgeries, a few hours of observation are usually sufficient, and during one-day surgical care, our patients can return home within 24 hours of their arrival.
Our premium inpatient department has 3 operating rooms and 19 patient rooms with 25 beds to meet all our patients’ needs. The highest professional standards together with our exclusive environment help you heal in safety and tranquility.
During the modernization of surgery, some of the earlier exploratory surgeries can now be performed endoscopically, which is much less stressful for the patient and provides faster healing with fewer complications.
Surgical operations are always preceded by a detailed and careful examination. The goal of the examination is to get the patient into the operating room in the best possible condition, so that the healing is faster and the number of complications is significantly reduced.
Our main gynecological surgeries:
- Curretage and polyp removal
- Excision/Marsupialization Bartholin gland abscess
- Conisation and curettage
- Cesarean section, vaginal delivery
- Cesarean Section - twin pregnancies
- Diagnostic hysteroscopy
- Posterior vaginoplasty
- Procured abortion
- Interruptio (12-14. weeks)
- Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy
- Laparoscopic tubal exploration
- Loop conisation
- Anterior and posterior vaginoplasty
- D&C for missed abortion
- Vaginal b.tox