Ultrasound is in the domain of sound waves of a certain wavelength inaudible for human ears. The examination is harmless to the body and may be repeated without causing any side effects, thus widely used in diagnostics.
Ultrasound is a set of high-frequency ultrasound beams that are reflected from the tissue interface as they pass through our body. From the ultrasound beam recovery, imaging is made possible by computerized image processing. It is suitable for painless, harmless, unlimited, and repeatable screening or targeted testing based on clinical indications. Problems connected with internal medicine, surgery, endocrinology, urology, gynecology, the blood vessels, joints, and peripheral nerves can all be diagnosed using an ultrasound examination, and often problems can be revealed even before the appearance of specific complaints, thus it can be used as a screening test.
The patient lies on the examination table once the affected area has been exposed. The affected body part is smeared with gel, then the specialist uses the transducer (probe) to display and record the examined region on the screen. After the examination, the result is discussed and a test finding is made.
HOW SHOULD YOU ARRIVE FOR AN ULTRASOUND EXAMINATION?
Preparations for abdominal and pelvic examinations:
- arrive on an empty stomach (fasting for 6 hours before the test)
- full bladder required (still water may be consumed prior to the examination)
However, most ultrasound examinations do not require prior preparation.
Diabetic patients should indicate their illness when making an appointment so that our staff can provide the most appropriate time.
ULTRASOUND EXAMINATIONS AVAILABLE AT OUR PRIVATE HOSPITAL:
- Abdominal pelvic ultrasound
- Vascular ultrasound of the neck
- Neck soft tissue examination
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Peripheral Doppler ultrasound (venous, arterial)
- Soft tissue ultrasound
- Joint ultrasound (preliminary 2-view x-ray required for the affected region)
- Peripheral nerve examination (2-view x-ray of the affected region, electroneurogram examination result and clinical indication, as well as preliminary documentation, surgical description required)
- Baby screening: skull, abdomen, hips
- Fetal ultrasound, 4D fetal ultrasound
THE ULTRASOUND MACHINES USED IN DR. ROSE PRIVATE HOSPITAL ARE HIGH-END PRODUCTS FROM LEADING MANUFACTURERS:
Our four Philips Affiniti 50 and one Philips Affiniti 30 premium ultrasound machines provide efficient and reliable diagnostic performance. They provide high-quality images, fast diagnostic information, an easy-to-use interface and ergonomic design.
Our GE Voluson S8 high-tech gynecology and obstetrics ultrasound equipment provides high diagnostic reliability with features optimized for specific areas. This premium category device is suitable for both routine ultrasound examinations and precision, detailed diagnostics.
The GE Vivid T8 is a hybrid cardiovascular ultrasound system, offering both the proven echocardiographic imaging capabilities of GE Vivid systems and exceptional sonographic performance in the field of internal medicine.