The dermapen treatment helps to remove the initial wrinkles that appear as the skin ages. It also improves skin texture and helps remove pigment spots that appear due to sun damage. Dermapen treatment is also used to improve acne, surgical or other types of scars, as it can help to reduce the size of skin pores, thus improving the skin’s texture.
When is dermapen treatment warranted?
Dermapen is a collagen-stimulating procedure using a microneedle device. With a sterile, single-use head, channels are formed on the surface of the face or scalp. These micro-injuries instantly trigger the skin's natural regenerative, self-healing mechanism, while also injecting medically pure, biomimetic ampoules into the skin through the microchannels. The special ampoules provide solutions for a variety of skin problems - pigmentation, loose connective tissue, uneven skin texture, reduction of scars and wrinkles, regeneration of skin with large pores, fading of acne scars, skin rejuvenation and skin renewal - by using its transepidermal properties to deliver active ingredients including peptides, amino acids and proteins with DNA and cell renewal properties, restoring normal and youthful skin function. The aim of the procedure is to stimulate the skin's production of collagen and elastin, improve skin texture and renew skin cells.
What happens at the first consultation?
Before your first dermapen treatment, you will have a personal consultation with the specialist treating you, during which you can expect the following steps:
- The specialist will examine your skin and determine your skin type and condition, in order to develop the most appropriate dermapen treatment plan.
- They will discuss your current skin care routine, including cleansing and moisturizing products and sun protection. This enables the practitioner to understand your skin and recommend products that can help prepare it for dermapen treatment and improve the results.
- The initial consultation helps to define the treatment plan and ensures that the treatment is tailored to our expectations and needs.
Preparing for treatment
There are several important steps to take prior to dermapen treatment to prepare your skin and achieve the best possible results. Below are some tips to help you prepare for your dermapen treatment:
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment: Exposure to sunlight or tanning beds can promote skin dryness and irritation, which can hinder the effectiveness of dermapen treatment. It is therefore recommended to avoid these activities for at least 2 weeks before treatment.
- Avoid the use of skin softening products: It is recommended to avoid the use of skin softening products before dermapen treatment, as these products may prevent the skin from being properly prepared for the treatment.
- Avoid using exfoliating products at least 48 hours before the treatment: Exfoliating products may irritate the skin and prevent the dermapen treatment from being effective. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid these products at least 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Use a moisturizer: It is recommended to use a moisturizer regularly before the dermapen treatment to keep the skin properly hydrated and improve its condition.
- Avoid make-up: To keep the skin clear and prepare it for the dermapen treatment, it is recommended to avoid make-up before the procedure.
- Allow at least 24 hours for the skin to regenerate after treatment: It is recommended to wait at least 24 hours after dermapen treatment before applying make-up or other skin care products.
These preparations can help the dermapen treatment to work effectively and improve the condition of the skin.
What happens during the treatment?
Dermapen treatment is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that uses small needles to create tiny micro-injuries on the skin’s surface. These micro-injuries stimulate the skin's natural healing process, promote the production of collagen and elastin, and improve the skin’s texture and elasticity. During the dermapen treatment, the practitioner first cleanses the skin and then starts the treatment with the appropriate number of needle heads according to the skin type. The depth of the needles and the intensity of the treatment may vary depending on the skin condition and the desired result. During the treatment, the dermapen device is passed in a circular motion over the face or the area to be treated. The tiny needles create thousands of holes in the skin, stimulating the skin's healing process. During the treatment, it is very important that the dermapen device is only used once on the area to avoid further irritation of the skin. The duration of the dermapen treatment can vary depending on the size of the area to be treated, but usually lasts between 30 and 60 minutes. The treatment is painless, but some people may be sensitive to the procedure. After the treatment, the skin may be slightly red, swollen and sensitive, but these symptoms usually disappear within a few hours. The skin's healing process can take several days or up to a week, and the skin can become fine-toned and firmer again after treatment.
What results can be expected from the treatment?
The results of dermapen treatment usually start to become visible within a few weeks, and the condition of the skin may continue to improve over time. However, the results of treatment can vary from individual to individual: skin condition, lifestyle, diet and genetic factors can all influence results. Dermapen treatment can significantly improve skin condition, but it is important to remember that treatment should only be one part of a comprehensive skin care routine. To maintain healthy skin, it is important to take regular care of your skin and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dermapen treatments can be used as part of your regular skin care routine and repeated treatments are advisable to achieve the desired results. During the course of treatment, it is recommended to use serums, creams and hydration mists several times a day, as the skin is very receptive to the active ingredients. Skin care products that include retinol should not be used during or after the treatment for at least 2 weeks, nor should it be used during the period of use of antibiotics that cause severe peeling.
After a dermapen treatment, it is important that the skin regenerates properly to ensure that the treatment is effective and to minimize any possible skin irritation. After the treatment, the use of cosmetics containing preservatives and parabens should be avoided in order to avoid irritation. The following tips can help the skin to regenerate after the treatment:
- Moisturizing: After the treatment, it is recommended to use a moisturizing cream to help restore the skin's hydration and prevent dryness.
- Sun protection: Using a sunscreen to protect the skin after treatment is advisable, as the skin may be more sensitive to sunlight post-treatment.
- Avoid heavy make-up: During the first few days it is advisable to avoid heavy make-up to allow the skin to rest and regenerate.
- Avoid sports, saunas and hot baths: Sports, saunas and hot baths should be avoided for the first 24-48 hours as these activities can increase skin irritation.
- Avoid sunbathing: Sunbathing and sunbeds should be avoided for the first few weeks to allow the skin to regenerate properly.
- Avoid harsh exfoliants: To avoid irritating the skin, harsh exfoliants should not be used in the first few weeks