COVID-19 Screening Regulations for patients arriving at Dr. Rose Private Hospital for outpatient care
- In all cases where a patient contacting Dr. Rose possibly has COVID-19 or suspects close contact, based on medical history, a completed COVID-19 questionnaire, formal questioning, or clinical symptoms, first a test for prior active infection should be performed (Antigen rapid test, PCR test if necessary), and only after a negative result can the patient be treated!
- All patients with a suspected or verifiable COVID-19 infection can only be treated after a minimum of 2 weeks (i.e. a minimum of 4 weeks from the onset of the infection) following the complete cessation of symptoms and official release from quarantine, and with a negative Antigen rapid test performed by us that day, taking into account the medical fact that PCR virus positivity occurs for a few weeks after the COVID-19 symptoms have disappeared, which may pose a risk of infection to others. The Antigen rapid test can be dispensed with if you have had at least 1 negative PCR test after quarantine AND a venous IgG serology has confirmed adequate protection (IgG (spike protein) >50 AU/ml, IgG (nucleocapsid) index >2).
Any medical examination between weeks 3 and 4 should only be performed if the COVID-19 infected patient has at least one negative PCR test after complete cessation of symptoms and official release from quarantine, and a negative Antigen rapid test performed by us that day.
We cannot accept a patient with a fresh COVID-19 infection or symptoms within 3 weeks! In order for these patients to be properly treated and to recover, they must follow the care procedure officially designated by the NNK (their GP, OMSZ, designated COVID-19 outpatient clinics, inpatient wards).
- 10 days after administration of an appropriate COVID-19 vaccination series (BOTH DOSES!), a patient free from complaints of illness can attend an outpatient appointment for general examinations. In case of a complaint, a negative Antigen rapid test result on the day is required!
- Examination of a patient from abroad is possible following the acceptable quarantine period in accordance with the Government decree or after 2 negative PCR test results.
In cases where the authority grants an exemption for other reasons according to the decree, permission for entry without quarantine (for business or health reasons, etc.), safe healthcare in our institution is the result of at least one negative PCR test within 2-3 days, and on the day of the planned examination with us, a negative Antigen rapid test is required before the examination (a discounted fee for the medical examination applies to all).
- We do not conduct exercise ECG or other exhalation lab tests (e.g., spirometry, lactose-, lactulose-, and Helicobacter breath tests, etc.)! These tests are only performed in exceptional, professionally justified cases, and only for those free of characteristic COVID-19 symptoms and in possession of a negative Antigen rapid test result performed on that day.
The competent physician will always decide, on a case-by-case basis - taking into account professional considerations, the illness, and the time and course of complaints - which test is required to detect an active COVID-19 infection in a given patient, and where appropriate may deviate from the above.
Dr. Éva Junger
Outpatient care manager
Dr. Rose Private Hospital Kft.