Difficulties establishing a sleeping routine including inducing daytime naps and night-time sleep, falling asleep, sleeping through the night. This includes frequent awakenings, difficulty returning to sleep.
- Eating, feeding, growing problems, disorders
Many problems can occur in connection with breastfeeding, eating, feeding, growing. For example, the infant/toddler eats an insufficient amount; rejects food; eat only certain foods; ingests only liquid or pulp; eats, but grows little or not at all; shows no interest in eating, food, etc.
- Crying problems, chronic restlessness
The baby cries much more than average or is impossible or very difficult to soothe. This is often associated with sleep problems, inconsolable nocturnal crying.
- Constipation, stool retention
In cases where there is either no biological or medical reason behind a child’s constipation or stool retention, or a reason exists but its solution does not alleviate the problem, then psychological and/or lifestyle complicating factors are in the background. Over time the problem often gets worse.
- Attachment problems, disorders
- Excessive sibling jealousy
- Excessive defiance, uncontrollable tantrums
- Excessive fear of separation (separation anxiety)
Solving this complex problem (early detection, prevention and a focused interaction with the relationship) requires interdisciplinary and specific professional help. Our method is integrated, based on attachment theory and a systems theory, interaction-focused, as well as emphasizing a psychodynamic mindset, with joint video analysis and the use of parent education.
In most cases of regulatory disorders (sleeping, eating, growth, crying, toileting, development problems) a medical examination is required before/alongside the consultation so that any biological or medical background to the problem is ruled out or brought to light.
Our specially-assembled investigation package will help detect and treat regulatory disorders in infants and children.
Our childhood behavioral disorder package includes:
- Pediatric (endocrinology, metabolic, pulmonology focused) basic examination to exclude organic disease
- Targeted lab test
- Child abdominal ultrasound
- Ultrasound of the child's skull until the close of the fontanelle (approximately 8 months of age)
- 3 x 1-hour regulatory disorder consultations
Where necessary additional regulatory disorder consultations and testing is available subject to the pediatrician’s recommendation, in accordance with the Dr. Rose price list.