Cardiology deals with the prevention, diagnostics and treatment of heart diseases.
The most frequent illnesses we come across are coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart diseases and arrhythmias. Conditions closely related to these such as blood pressure, circulatory (arterial and venar) and coronary artery problems are also often treated in our hospital.
In case you need a longer cardiologic investigation or monitoring because of a more serious cardiac condition (for e.g. heart failure, coronary disease, arrhythmia, etc.) we are prepared to provide inpatient care as well.
It is important to note that a significant number of complaints could be avoided by participating in preventive screenings. Therefore we recommend our patients to have screenings annually.
Available cardiology examinations in our hospital:
- Holter examination (24 hour ECG monitoring)
- ABPM (24 hour blood pressure monitoring)
- Exercise ECG (Ergometry)
- Heart Ultrasound (Echocardiogram)
- Doppler Examination (Ultrasound examination of veins)
- Laboratory Tests (for risk factors: blood sugar level, cholesterol, triglyceride, etc.)
- Special Laboratory Tests (troponin, pro BNP, D dimmer, etc.)